A list of six Stirling award winners is announced, which will compete for Britain’s most prestigious award in architecture
The Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) has announced the list of six projects that compete for the Stirling Award in 2017. From the list of national winners, the finals featured buildings ranging from an elegantly detailed photographer studio in western London to a new huge campus for college in Glasgow.
«This year’s list demonstrates everything that is very important for British architecture: it’s not just a collection of well-designed buildings, but spaces and places of pure beauty, inspiration and sight,» said RIBA President Jane Duncan.
The list includes projects:
— Barrett’s Grove / Groupwork + Amin Taha
– British Museum World Conservation and Exhibitions Centre / Rogers Stirk Harbour + Partners
– Command of the Oceans / Baynes and Mitchell Architects
– City of Glasgow College – City Campus / Reiach & Hall Architects and Michael Laird Architects
– Hastings Pier / dRMM Architects
– Photography Studio for Juergen Teller / 6a architects
The winner will be announced on October 31. Follow the news, support the finalists.
According to archdaily materials.